For information on the specifications for each KoldLok® Brush Grommet that we offer and to help to choose the proper one to fit your needs, view our data sheet:
What Type of Brush Grommet Do I Need?
Designed to seal small cable openings in the raised floor of new or existing computer rooms. Based on measurements at multiple data centers, on average 60% of valuable conditioned air is not reaching the air intake of IT equipment due to unsealed floor openings—some as small as 6 x 4 inches (152 x 102 mm). This lost air, known as bypass airflow, contributes to IT equipment hotspots, cooling unit inefficiencies, and increasing infrastructure costs. KoldLok products specifically address bypass airflow and its detri- mental effects on data center cooling.
- Smaller size 6” x 4” (152 x 102 mm) offers flexible for data centers that have multiple cable opening sizes.
- Meets smaller cable opening standards specified i new data center builds.
- Cost-effective method of separating data cabling from power cabling.
- Contains no loose or partially fastened parts that can become separated or fall through the raised floor.
- The grommets are impact-resistant and durable.
- Satisfies NFPA 75 Section 5-4.4 requirement by sel dressing the raw metal edges of raised-floor tile cable openings.
- KoldLok products are compliant with Directive 2002/95/EC of the European Parliament and the Council on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS).
- Increases existing cooling unit capacity
- Reduces the need to purchase additional cooling units
- Improves equipment reliability and extends equipment life
- Increases static pressure under the raised floor and improves cool air delivery through perforated tiles and floor grates
- Facilitates Cold Aisle/Hot Aisle best practices