For information on the specifications for each KoldLok® Brush Grommet that we offer and to help to choose the proper one to fit your needs, view our data sheet:
Designed to seal openings in new raised floor cutouts prior to the installation of communications or power cabling. Based on measurements at multiple data centers, on average 60% of valuable conditioned air is not reaching the air intake of IT equipment due to unsealed floor openings. This lost air, known as bypass airflow, contributes to IT equipment hot spots, cooling unit inefficiencies, and increasing infrastructure costs. KoldLok® products specifically address bypass airflow and its detrimental effects on data center cooling.
- The Split Integral Grommets allow tiles to be moved without capturing cables.
- The Grommets contain no loose or partially fastened parts, which can become separated or fall through the raised floor.
- The Grommets are impact resistant and durable.
- The Grommets satisfy NFPA 75 Section 5-4.4 requirement by self dressing the raw metal edges of raised-floor tile cable cutouts.
- KoldLok products are compliant with Directive 2002/95/EC of the European Parliament and the Council on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS).
- Increases existing cooling unit capacity Reduces the need to purchase additional cooling units
- Improves equipment reliability and extends equipment life
- Increases static pressure under the raised floor and improves cool air delivery through perforated tiles and floor grates
- Facilitates Cold Aisle/Hot Aisle best practices